BIOPHYSICAL AND BIOCHEMICAL MODULATORS ASSOCIATED WITH HEALING OF THE OSSEOUS TISSUE
- Bone Histogenesis, Healing, Cicatricial Modulators
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Introduction: Fracture is a bone loss that can be discovered by pathological factors, congenital diseases, avitaminosis or even surgeries, and the cicatricial process as recovery of tissue stability. We have the possibility of assisting in the healing of the bone tissue of biochemical and biophysical modulators, from the use of hydroxyapathy, chitosone, ultrasound and cryotherapy.
Objective: This literature review aimed to discuss the characteristics of bone tissue, its regeneration and the main biochemical and biophysical treatments without the use of auxiliary agents in the cicatricial process.
Methodology: A research of data on PubMed, SciELO, LILACS, Journal of Cell Science and the Ministério da saúde was done through the keywords “Bone healing”, “Modulators” and its components in Portuguese and English, in the last 10 years. 92 articles were found, with 43 articles selected.
- Wolff RB, Gomes RCT, Verna C, Carolina G, Maioral C, Rampazo TH, et al. Molecular aspects of sex steroids on cartilage and bones. Rev Associa Med Bras 2012; 58(4): 493-497.
- Al-Aql ZS, Alagl AS, Graves DT, Gerstenfeld LC, Einhorn TA. Molecular mechanisms controlling bone formation during fracture healing and distraction. J Dent Res 2008; 87(2):107-118.
- Rezende CP, Gaede-Carrilho MRG, Sebastião ECO. Fall among elderly in Brazil and its relationship with the use of drugs: systematic review. Cad Saúde Pública 2012; 28(12):125-130.
- Marsell R, Einhorn TA. The biology of fracture healing. Injury 2011; 42(6): 551-555.
- Keramaris NC, Calori GM, Nikolaou VS. Fracture vascularity and bone healing: a systematic review of the role of VEGF. Injury Bristol 2008; 39(2): 45-57.
- Avezedo AS, Sá MJC, Fook MVL, Neto PIN, Sousa OB, Azevedo SS. Hydroxyapatite and Chitosan isolated and associated with the bone marrow in the repair of bone tissue in rabbits. Cienc. Rural 2013; 43(7):1265-1270.
- Costa ACFM, Lima MG, Lima LHMA, Cordeiro VV, Viana KMS, Souza CV, et al. Hydroxyapatite: obtaining, characterization and applications. Rev Eletr Mate Proc 2009; 4(3): 29-38.
- Weatherholt AM, Fuchs RK, Warden SJ. Specialized connective tissue: bone, the structural framework of the upper extremity. J Hand Ther 2012; 25(2): 123-132.
- Isola JG, Moraes P. Bone structure and regeneration. Rev Cient Eletro Med Vet 2012; 9(18): 1679-7353.
- Bonewald LF, Johnson ML. Osteocytes, mechanosensing and Wnt signaling. Bone 2008; 42(4): 606-15.
- Pajevic PD, Krause DS. Osteocyte regulation of bone and blood. Bone 2018; 2:1-6.
- Novack DV, Teitelbaum SL. The osteoclast: friend or foe? Annu. Rev. pathmechdis. Mech. Dis. 2008; 3: 457-484.
- Araujo M, Lubiana NF. Characteristics of Peri-implant tissues. Rev Periodont 2008; 18(4); 8-13.
- Trujillo HAG, Alberto MLV, Braga MBP, Wil SEAL, Salvador MLB, Ambrósio CE, et al. Endocondral ossification in bovine embryos and fetuses. Arq Bras Med Vet Zootec 2011; 63(4): 799-804.
- Yan YQ, Tan YY, Wong R, Weden A, Zhang LK, Rabie ABM. The role of vascular endothelial growth factor in ossification. Int J Oral Sci 2012; 4(2): 64-68.
- Mackie EJ, Ahmed YA, Tatarczuch L, Chen KS, Mirams. Endochondral ossification: How cartilage is converted into bone in the developing skeleton. Int j biochem cell biol 2008; 40(1): 46-62.
- Huang De-fa, Lv Deng-kun, Zhao Qi-lin, Zhang Li-feng. Bone fragility, fracture risk and trauma: a complicated triangle in children. Acta ortop. Bras 2017; 25(2): 99-102.
- Gligio PN, Cristiane AF, Pécora JR, Helito CP, Lima ALLM, Silva JS. Advances in the treatment of exposed fractures. Rev Bras Orto 2015; 50(2): 125-130.
- Astur DC, Zanatta F, Arliani GG, Moraes ER, Pochini AC, Ejnisman B. Stress fractures: definition, diagnosis and treatment. Rev Bras Orto 2015; 51(1): 3-10.
- Nascimento JM, Almeida MM. Clinical-demographic study of exposed fractures caused by motorcycle accidents. Rev. Baiana Saúde Pública 2010; 34(1): 62-64.
- Department of Health Surveillance (Brazil). Epidemiological Bulletin: Work-related transportation accidents in Brazil. 2018; 49(26):1-14.
- Marques DRC, Marques D, Ibanez JF, Freitas IB, Hespanha AC, Monteiro JF, et al. Effects of nandrolone decanoate on time to consolidation of bone defects resulting from osteotomy for tibial tuberosity advancement. Vet Comp Ortho Traumatol 2017; 30(5): 351-356.
- Von Lande RG, Worth AJ, Guerrero TG, Owen MC, Hartman A. Comparison between a novel bovine xenoimplant and autogenous cancellous bone graft in tibial tuberosity advancement. Vet Surg 2012; 41(5): 559-567.
- Marsell R, Einhorn TA. The role of endogenous bone morphogenetic proteins in normal skeletal rapair. Injury Bristol 2009; 40(3): 4-7.
- Kolar P, Schimidt-Bleek KPHD, Schell H, Gaber T, Toben D, Schmidmaier G, et al. The early fracture hematoma and its potential role in fracture healing. Tissue Eng Part B Rev 2010; 12(1-2): 44-51.
- Boursinos LA, Karachalios T, Poultsides K, Malizos KN. Do steroids, conventional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and selective COX-2 inhibitors adversely affect fracture healing. J Musculoskelet 2009; 9(1): 44-52.
- Castier MB, Klumb EM, Albuquerque EMN. The treatment of rheumatic systemic diseases: a critical analysis of the use of NSAs, considering cardiovascular risk. Rev Hosp Univ Pedro Ernesto 2013; 12(1): 74-80.
- Lins RDAU, Lucena KCR, Granville-Garcia AF, Dantas EM, Catão MHCV, Neto LGC. Biostimulating effects of low power laser in the repair process. An Bras Dermatol 2010; 85(6): 849-855.
- Raggatt LJ, Wullschleger ME, Alexander KA, Wu ACK, Millard SM, Kaur S et al. Fracture healing via periosteal callus formation requires macrophages for both initiation and progression of early endochondral ossification. Am J Pathol 2014; 184(12): 3192-3204.
- Schindeler A, Mcdonald MM, Bokko P, Little DG. Bone remodeling during fracture repair: the cellular picture. Semin Cell Dev Biol 2008; 19(5): 459-66.
- Kanezler JM, Oreffo ROC. Osteogenesis and angiogenesis: the potential for engineering bone. Eur Cell Mater 2008; 15(2): 100-114.