CURRENT STATUS OF DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF FEMORAL NECK FRACTURES IN THE ELDERLY
- Elderly patients with femoral neck fracture; conservative treatment; surgical treatment; accelerated recovery
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Femoral neck fractures are common fractures in the elderly, especially in elderly women. There are many mature treatment methods for femoral neck fractures. However, which option is better is still controversial. In order to allow clinicians to better develop treatment plans for elderly patients with femoral neck fractures, this article summarizes the diagnosis and treatment status of elderly femoral neck fractures from the aspects of epidemiology, etiology and diagnosis, treatment methods and progress of elderly femoral neck fractures.
- Orthopedic Traumatology Group of Orthopedics Branch of Chinese Medical Association, Trauma Experts Working Committee of Orthopedics Branch of Chinese Medical Association. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of adult femoral neck fractures[J].Chinese Journal of Traumatology and Orthopedics,2018,20(11):921-928.
- Zhou Yangyang, Ni Yingjie, Li Yingjuan, et al. Research progress in the treatment of femoral neck fractures in the elderly[J]. Chinese Journal of Reconstructive and Reconstructive Surgery, 2019, 33(8): 1033-1040.
- E. K. Osnes,C. M. Lofthus,H. E. Meyer,J. A. Falch,L. Nordsletten,I. Cappelen,I. S. Kristiansen. Consequences of hip fracture on activities of daily life and residential needs[J]. Osteoporosis International,2004,15(7).
- Liu Junchuan, Wen Liangyuan, Ji Quan, et al. Observation on the causes and efficacy of conservative treatment of hip fractures in the elderly[J].Chinese Journal of Geriatrics,2018,37(12):1343-1347.
- Li Jian, Chang Liuhui, Gu Qi, et al. Analysis of the efficacy of surgery for hip fractures in the elderly within 48 hours [J]. Chinese Journal of Orthopaedics, 2019, 39(17): 1037-1043.
- Wang Y,Cui H,Zhang D.Hospitalisation cost analysis on hip fracture in China: a multicentre study among 73 tertiary hospitals[J].BMJ open,2018,8(4):e019147.
- Eddy Dejaeger,Dirk Vanderschueren,Steven Boonen.Osteoporosis and osteoporotic fracture occurrence and prevention in the elderly: a geriatric perspective[J].Best practice & research:Clinical endocrinology & metabolism,2009,22(5):765-785.
- Duque G,Demontiero O.Prevention and treatment of senile osteoporosis and hip fractures[J].Minerva medica,2009,100(1):79-94.
- Ma Yuanzheng, Wang Yipeng, Liu Qiang, et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis in the elderly in China (2018)[J]. Chinese Journal of Gerontology, 2019, 39(11): 2561-2579.
- Zhu Y,Xing X,Liu S,et al.Epidemiology of low-energy wrist, hip, and spine fractures in Chinese populations 50 years or older: A national population-based survey[J].Medicine,2020,99(5):e18531.
- Wang Xuefeng, Yang Song. Investigation and result analysis of risk factors for hip fracture in the elderly[J]. China Health Care and Nutrition, 2019,29(35):27,29.
- Vottis CT,Mitsiokapa E,Igoumenou VG,et al.Fall Risk Assessment Metrics for Elderly Patients With Hip Fractures[J].Orthopedics,2018,41(3):142-156.
- LeBlanc KE,Muncie HL.Hip fracture: diagnosis, treatment, and secondary prevention[J].American family physician,2014,89(12):945-951.
- Thomas RW,Williams HL,Carpenter EC.The validity of investigating occult hip fractures using multidetector CT[J].The British journal of radiology, 2016,89(1060):20150250.
- Haubro M,Stougaard C,Torfing T.Sensitivity and specificity of CT- and MRI-scanning in evaluation of occult fracture of the proximal femur[J]. Injury, 2015,46(8):1557-1561.
- Wei Jie, Yi Chen. Femoral neck fractures in the elderly[J]. Chinese Journal of Geriatrics,2018,37(12):1309-1311.
- Wei Jie. Treatment points and precautions for elderly femoral neck fractures[J]. Chinese Journal of Traumatology and Orthopedics, 2019, 21(9): 826-828.
- Florschutz AV,Langford JR,Haidukewych GJ.Femoral neck fractures: current management[J].Journal of orthopaedic trauma,2015,29(3):121-129.
- Handoll HH.Conservative versus operative treatment for hip fractures in adults[J].The Cochrane database of systematic reviews,2008,(3):CD000337.
- Cho HM,Lee K,Min W,et al.Survival and Functional Outcomes after Hip Fracture among Nursing Home Residents[J].Journal of Korean medical science,2016,31(1):89-97.
- Bjørgul K.Outcome of undisplaced and moderately displaced femoral neck fractures[J].Acta orthopaedica,2007,78(4):498-504.
- Handoll HH,Queally JM.Pre-operative traction for hip fractures in adults[J].The Cochrane database of systematic reviews,2011,(12):CD000168.
- Tosun Betul,Aslan Ozlem,Tunay Servet. Preoperative position splint versus skin traction in patients with hip fracture: An experimental study.[J]. International journal of orthopaedic and trauma nursing,2018,28.
- Xu DF,Bi FG,Ma CY,et al.A systematic review of undisplaced femoral neck fracture treatments for patients over 65 years of age, with a focus on union rates and avascular necrosis[J].Journal of orthopaedic surgery and research,2017,12(1):28.
- Papakostidis C,Panagiotopoulos A,Piccioli A.Timing of internal fixation of femoral neck fractures A systematic review and meta-analysis of the final outcome[J].Injury,2015,46(3):459-466.
- Ma HH,Chou TA,Tsai SW,et al.Outcomes of internal fixation versus hemiarthroplasty for elderly patients with an undisplaced femoral neck fracture: a systematic review and meta-analysis[J].Journal of orthopaedic surgery and research,2019,14(1):320.
- Chammout GK,Mukka SS,Carlsson T,et al.Total hip replacement versus open reduction and internal fixation of displaced femoral neck fractures: a randomized long-term follow-up study[J].The Journal of bone and joint surgery. American volume,2012,94(21):1921-1928.
- Yang B,Lin X,Yin XM.Bipolar versus unipolar hemiarthroplasty for displaced femoral neck fractures in the elder patient: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials[J].European journal of orthopaedic surgery & traumatology : orthope?die traumatologie,2015,25(3):425-433.
- Wu X,Tian M,Zhang J,et al.The effect of a multidisciplinary co-management program for the older hip fracture patients in Beijing: a “pre- and post-” retrospective study[J].Archives of osteoporosis,2019,14(1):43.
- Liu Kemin,Qu Tiebing.Pay attention to the transformation of elderly hip fracture treatment and rehabilitation model[J].Chinese Journal of Trauma,2018,34(7):577-579.
- Wu Xiaoning, Zhang Shuyun, Peng Cong, et al. The role of multidisciplinary collaboration in the treatment of hip fractures in the elderly[J].Chinese Journal of Geriatrics,2019,38(3):283-287.
- Soeters R,White PB,Murray-Weir M,et al.Preoperative Physical Therapy Education Reduces Time to Meet Functional Milestones After Total Joint Arthroplasty[J]. Clinical orthopaedics and related research,2018,476(1):40-48.
- Tappen RM,Whitehead D,Folden SL.Effect of a video intervention on functional recovery following hip replacement and hip fracture repair[J].Rehabilitation nursing : the official journal of the Association of Rehabilitation Nurses,2003,28(5):148-153.
- Xu Huijuan.The application effect of cartoon education film in postoperative rehabilitation training of patients undergoing artificial hip replacement[J].Nursing Research,2019,33(1):126-129.
- Liu Sihai, Wang Fei, Han Xinzuo, et al. Perioperative characteristics of elderly patients with hip fracture and the effect of early postoperative rehabilitation[J].Chinese Journal of Geriatrics,2018,37(12):1337-1339.