HOSPITAL HOSPITALIZATIONS FOR MENTAL AND BEHAVIORAL DISORDERS IN MACEIÓ IN THE YEARS 2013 TO 2018
- Mental Disorders. Hospitalizations. Psychoactive Substances.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Introduction: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2011, the prevalence of mental disorders in the world population is 10%, exceeding 25% to be considered during the course of life. Health information has important roles in health policies, enabling planning, prevention, promotion and recovery actions, as it forms a system for the acquisition, organization and analysis of data to define health problems and risks and to evaluate efficacy. , efficiency and influence that the services provided exert on the health of the population³.
Objective: To characterize the epidemiological profile of hospitalizations for mental and behavioral disorders in the city of Maceió from 2014 to 2018.
Methodology: This is a descriptive quantitative study based on data analysis of the Hospital Internment System (SIH). accessed by DATASUS, having the following variables: ICD 10 (Mental and Behavioral Disorders), ICD 10 List (Mental Disorders due to the use of alcohol and other psychoactive substances, year (2014-2018), age group (15 – 59 years ), gender (male and female) in the city of Maceió-Alagoas.
Results and discussion: From the data analyzed, Maceió totaled 4,778 thousand (47.87%) of the cases of hospitalizations for mental and behavioral disorders between the years 2013 to 2018, 2013 with 952 billion (9.52%), 2014 with 1.025 thousand cases (10.25%), 2015 with 635 thousand cases (6.35%), 2016 with 717 thousand cases (7.17%), 2017 with 679 thousand cases (6.79%) and 2018 with 765 thousand cases (7.65%) c the predominance of cases in 2014 with approximately 10% of cases. Age groups totaled 4,787 corresponding to 47.87% of the cases, being 15-19 years with 432 (4.32%), 20-29 years with 1.093 (10.93%), 30-39 years with 1.091 (10.91 %), 40-49 years with 1,111 (11.13%) and 50-59 years with 707 (7.07%), with predominance of cases between 40-49 years and about 11% of cases. The male gender totaled 4,111 (41.11%) in relation to the female gender with 676 (6.76%) hospitalization cases, being the male with more predominance of cases. Since hospitalizations have been the object of investigation in several studies, as it is an important source of data on hospitalized morbidities, in addition to the fact that they are used by most of the human resources, materials and technology in the health sector².
Conclusion: How hospitalizations for mental and behavioral disorders have a significant and relevant impact on public health, considering the increase in these disorders worldwide. Thus, public health policies have been strategies to reduce these data, enabling patients’ quality of life, as well as hospitalizations.
- Santos, V. C., Anjos, K. F. D., Boery, R. N. S. D. O., Moreira, R. M., Cruz, D. P., & Boery, E. N.Internação e mortalidade hospitalar de idosos por transtornos mentais e comportamentais no Brasil, 2008-2014. Epidemiologia e Serviços de Saúde, 2017. 26, 39-49.
- Pereira, P. K., Santos, S. A., Lima, L. A., Legay, L. F., de Cintra Santos, J. F., & Lovisi, G. M. Transtornos mentais e comportamentais no Sistema de Informações Hospitalares do SUS (SIH-SUS) no estado do Rio de Janeiro no período de 1999 a 2010. Cad. Saúde Coletiva, Rio de Janeiro, 2012. 20 (4): 482-491.
- Silva, E. C., & da Costa Junior, M. L.Transtornos mentais e comportamentais no sistema de informações hospitalares do SUS: perspectivas para a enfermagem. Revista da Escola de Enfermagem da USP, 2006. 40 (2): 196-202.
- Lopes, H. P., & Gonçalves, A. M. A política nacional de redução de danos: do paradigma da abstinência às ações de liberdade. Revista Pesquisas e Práticas Psicossociais, 2018. 13(1): 1-15.
- Ministério da Saúde. DATASUS. http://datasus.saude.gov.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150. Acesso em: 25 /09/2019.