PROPOSAL FOR GROUP INTERVENTION WITH FAMILY OF USERS IN A MENTAL HEALTH DAY-HOSPITAL THROUGH PSYCHO-EDUCATION
- family, psychoeducation, group, mental health, CAPS
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Objective: present a proposal for psychological intervention, through a therapeutic group, with the family members of users of a Reference Mental Health Service aiming at strengthening the institution / family bond. Methodology: The Arco de Maguerez was used, an instrument developed in the 70s and the basis for the application of the Problem-solving
Methodology. In this methodology, the study takes place from a certain aspect of social reality and consists of five stages: the observation of reality, the key points, the theorization, the hypotheses of solution and application to reality. Results and discussion: It is proposed that the group be divided into three modules. Module I, Crisis in Mental Health, is designed to address issues related to the crisis (concepts and definitions, alerts and signs, creative possibilities of the crisis, among others). Module II, Family member as caregiver, aims to explore the role and responsibilities assumed by family members of reference in the context of the service user’s illness. Finally, module III, Caregiver Self-Care, aims to stimulate reflections and provide a moment of self-care.
Final considerations: During the meetings, it is expected to create a space where family members can share experiences, aiming at strengthening the group to deal with the difficulties and complexities of daily life, as well as enabling a discussion on mental health and the search for strategies that ease the burden of care and the family’s suffering.
- Saraceno B. Liberating Identities: from psychosocial rehabilitation to possible citizenship. 2nd edition. Rio de Janeiro: Te Corá Editora / Franco Basaglia Institute; 2001.
- Vidal CEL, Bandeira M, Gontijo ED. Psychiatric reform and therapeutic residential services. Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry. 2008; 57 (1): 70-79.
- Gonçalves S, Fagundes P, Lovisi G, Lima LA. Evaluation of limitations in social behavior in long-term psychiatric patients. Science & Collective Health. 2001; 6: 105-113.
- Coga S, Vizzotto M. Mental Health in Public Health: a historical, conceptual path and the contributions of psychology in this context. Psychologist InFormação, São Paulo; 2003.
- Barroso SM, Silva MA. Brazilian Psychiatric Reform: the path of deinstitutionalization through the eyes of historiography. Revista da SPAGESP. 2011; 12 (1): 66-78.
- Delgado PG, Schechtman A, Weber R, Amstalden AF, Bonavigo E, Cordeiro F et al. Psychiatric reform and mental health policy in Brazil. Epidemiology of Mental Health in Brazil. Porto Alegre: Artmed. 2007: 39-83.
- Brazil. Ministry of Health. Psychiatric reform and mental health policy in Brazil. Brasília: Health Care Secretariat; 2005.
- Waidman MAP .. Care for families of people with mental disorders in the deinstitutionalization paradigm; 2004.
- Amarante P. New subjects, new rights: the debate around psychiatric reform. Public Health Notebooks. 1995; 11: 491-494.
- Brazil. Ministry of Health. Law no. 10,216, of April 6, 2001. Provides for the protection and rights of people with mental disorders and redirects the mental health care model. Federal Official Gazette, section 1.
- Leal BM, De Antoni C. The Psychosocial Care Centers (CAPS): structuring, interdisciplinarity and intersectoriality. Aletheia. 2013; (40).
- Silva SN, Lima MG. Evaluation of the structure of Psychosocial Care Centers in the Middle Paraopeba region, Minas Gerais. Epidemiology and Health Services. 2017; 26: 149-160.
- Brazil. Ministry of Health. Psychosocial Care Centers (CAPS) by type and UF and CAPS Indicator / 100,000 inhabitants; 2009.
- Martins PPS, Guanaes-Lorenzi C. Family Participation in Mental Health Treatment as a Practice in the Daily Life of the Service. Psychology: Theory and Research. 2016; 32 (4).
- Serapioni M. The role of the family and primary networks in the restructuring of social policies. Science & Collective Health. 2005; 10: 243-253.
- Souza J et al. Assessment of family functioning in the context of mental health. Rev Psiq Clin. 2011; 38 (6): 254-9.
- Spadini LS, Souza MCBM. Mental illness under the eyes of patients and family members. Rev Esc Enferm USP. 2006; 40 (1): 123-7.
- Dimenstein M, Sales AL, Galvão E, Severo AK. Psychosocial Care Strategy and family participation in mental health care. Physis: Revista de Saúde Coletiva. 2010; 20 (4): 1209-1226.
- Yucabian J, Neto FL. Family psychoeducation. Fam. Health Development 2001; 3 (2): 98-108.
- Arantes DJ, Picasso R, Silva EA. Psychoeducational groups with family members of users of a Psychosocial Care Center. Psychosocial Research and Practice. 2019; 14 (2): 1-15.
- Prado MLD, Backes VMS, Nephew SH, Espíndola DS, Old MB. Arch of Charles Maguerez: reflecting strategies of active methodology in the training of health professionals. Esc. Anna Nery Rev. Enferm. 2012; 172-177.
- Pinho LBD, Hernández AMB, Kantorski LP. Psychiatric reform, mental health workers and the family “partnership”: the discourse of distancing. Interface-Communication, Health, Education. 2010; 14: 103-113.
- Yalom ID, Leszcz M. Group psychotherapy: theory and practice. Porto Alegre: Artmed; 2006.
- Bessa JB, Waidman MAP. Family of the person with mental disorder and their needs in psychiatric care. Text & Context – Nursing. 2013; 22 (1): 61-70.
- Pereira MAO, Pereira Jr A. Mental disorder: difficulties faced by the family. Journal of the USP School of Nursing. 2003; 37 (4): 92-100.
- Pegoraro RF, Caldana RHL. Psychic suffering in family members of users of a Psychosocial Care Center (CAPS). Interface-Communication, Health, Education. 2008; 12: 295-307.
- Barroso SM, Bandeira M, do Nascimento E. Overload of family members of psychiatric patients seen in the public network. Archives of Clinical Psychiatry. 2007; 34 (6): 270-277.
- Costa CS, Bandeira M, Cavalcanti RLA, Scalon JD. The perception of patients and family members about the results of treatment in mental health services. Public Health Notebooks. 2011; 27: 995-1007.
- Gonçalves JRL, Luis MAV. Assistance to the family caregiver in contact with the patient with mental disorder. UERJ Nursing Magazine. 2010; 18 (2): 272-277.